UDS Barcelona Has Incredible Potential

This UDS each track will have two session rooms, plus a breakout room. That means we will have, at least, twice as many sessions. We should some out of it with twice as many specs for new features. My question is, how will we handle twice the data?

In previous UDS’ the server track was very well documented, thanks to Adam Sommer from the documentation team.  Adam was able to attend all sessions, and the documentation was uniform, because one person was responsible for the format. I think that because of Adam’s excellent work, we had some of the best documented sessions at UDS.  This was good, because I am usually suffering from information overload by the end, and unable to remember my name, let alone the critical details of the discussions.  We will have to come up with another solution in Barcelona.  Adam will only be in some of the sessions, so the rest of us will have to pick up the slack.

If we take good uniform notes, we could come out of this UDS with more data from more discussions than ever before. This will ultimately result in a better Ubuntu.  All we have to do process all the data in a usable way.  So, you will probably hear me start every session with a reminder about note taking and a quick review of the format we want them in.

Free as in beer:
As usual, Server Team community members find me at UDS and I will buy you a beer.

About these ads

19 Responses to “UDS Barcelona Has Incredible Potential”

1. 1 jef spaleta May 13, 2009 at 8:52 am

I think the most important question that you haven’t asked is how efficient was last year’s UDS in terms of completed objectives. The number of ideas under discussion is not as important as is the ability to gather and allocate resources to complete tasks. Its perfectly fine to double the number of proposals if there is also a diubling of committed resources to see additional proposals through. But to understand that dynamic you have to start tracking task completion stats per release. You might find that you need to scale back UDS to better focus on high priority deliverables. Bigger is not always better.

• 2 dendrobates May 13, 2009 at 6:32 pm

It doesn’t quite work like that. Each discussion is not a promised feature, that Canonical will deliver. Sometime after UDS specs are written based on the blueprint discussions, and I will go through set their priority (to Canonical) and assign Canonical resources. Any left over blueprints, can be spec’d and worked by community members. Plus we quite often discuss things to get agreement on a direction, not to necessarily work on a feature.

You agree though that doubling the sessions will not help produce more, without doubling resources. I am very worried about our ability to adequately document all the sessions. I hope, though I am not sure, that we will end up with specs that are better defined, and simpler for the community to develop. I’ll revisit it after UDS to look at whether this was successful or not.

2. 3 dan May 15, 2009 at 7:14 pm

I suggest gobby. And I will be looking for my beer.

3. 4 PB May 27, 2009 at 6:04 am

4. 5 Miguel March 7, 2013 at 2:58 am

In many cases, a person will reach a point where they desperately seek relief and solutions for
    their issues. An image will help flesh out exactly what
    you’re trying to announce while adding character, flavor and visual appeal to the document.
    Located within blocks of the train station where the Tren a las Nubes departs,
    this stretch of 7 or 8 blocks began 100 years ago as the cultural centre of the city, unfortunately falling into disrepair over the years, then only to be rescued 10 years ago by the city’s current mayor. Barak occurs for one Social gathering in one these kinds of gem stones. o – Strike a equilibrium between viewing 2-4 patients per hour.

5. 6 loaned books April 30, 2013 at 11:13 am

Yes! Finally something about top hat.

6. 7 uk internet marketing company May 28, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Smashing article and it was soundly written plus an great read.
    I will say that the majority of which you were saying was on the money.
    If at all, would it be too cheeky to promote our own blog to your mass of avid subscribers?
    We are a UK SEO team based in Liverpool and can offer any of your readers a discount if they come through your page to our site.
    No issues to send you guys a commission. If this is ok please leave
    the post comment however should you need to reach us please do so at info@pirlmedia.
    co.uk.

7. 8 golf odds July 15, 2013 at 1:27 pm

It is appropriate time to make a few plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this submit and if I may I desire
    to suggest you few attention-grabbing things or tips.
    Maybe you can write next articles regarding this article. I desire
    to learn even more things approximately it!

8. 9 site July 16, 2013 at 10:13 am

Good way of telling, and fastidious article to get
    information on the topic of my presentation subject, which i am going to present
    in institution of higher education.

9. 10 Jasa SEO July 22, 2013 at 6:36 am

Hello! I just wish to offer you a big thumbs up for the great information you’ve got here on this post. I will be coming back to your web site for more soon.

10. 11 zygorguides-review.blogspot.com July 26, 2013 at 2:26 am

Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new
    initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog
    provided us valuable information to work on. You have
    done a extraordinary job!

11. 12 jasa website seo murah December 7, 2013 at 3:56 am

Quite a few new business people who may have tiny to invest method these Search engine optimisation providers corporations and seem out for reasonable Web optimization offers and also other inexpensive expert services. Others who’re not really positive about diverse Search engine optimization services prefer to perform on their own very own as opposed to heading for these affordable Search engine optimization deals. Even so, that doesn’t bring in a large quantity of men and women and eventually those who shy away from Search engine optimisation services choose to opt for many low cost Website positioning offers that may help their business enterprise in a few way or maybe the other. Lots of Search engine optimisation companies firms also deliver consultation to be a component of their very affordable solutions.

12. 13 dragon mania hack 2013, December 11, 2013 at 1:13 am

Say a silent prayer for lost souls who can no longer speak for
    themselves. Kensei’s zanpakut is named Tachikaze and may be also introduced
    producing utilization of the command “Blow”. I remember going to Friedman’s, peering into the glass case,
    and smelling the wonderful aroma of fresh pastries.
    Bout number eight saw Wendi Richter retain the Women’s Championship over Leilani Kai via pin fall.
    They game gets very hard, and some puzzles provide no margin of error.

Now, and here’s where it really gets ugly, he then butts the base
    of his plastic dragon against the cardboard ruler and jumps to the edge
    of said piece. A reader can instantly tell that Twilight is written
    as a breeze through book for impressionable teens.

If you aren’t listed here it doesn’t mean we didn’t think
    you had well-kept, adorable, and healthy animals.
    Finally, the main event of the evening saw WWE World Champion
    Hulk Hogan and Mr. After reading his mother’s letter about his sister’s misfortune, he shed sympathetic tears
    but also donned an evil spiteful smile.

13. 14 free software for windows December 30, 2013 at 6:59 am

What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this website, and article is actually fruitful in support
    of me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.

14. 15 why is the pirate bay down november January 31, 2014 at 10:01 pm

we, supposed, was designed to attract the neighbouring blacks.

After targeting about two minutes and a half, he pulled the trigger.
    Finding the Venus reef abandoned he went on the Four Mile, two miles distant, and discovered
    about fourteen Chinamen camped there.

15. 16 Janeen April 18, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board
    and I to find It really useful & it helped me out
    much. I hope to offer one thing again and help others like you aided me.

16. 17 Wealthy Affiliate July 29, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I couldn’t get away from your site prior to implying that that I really appreciated the standard info anyone offer in your family and friends? Will be going to be back often to be able to check up on brand new posts

1. 1 Best UDS so far ? « Seeing the fnords Trackback on May 18, 2009 at 12:37 pm
  2. 2 Thierry Carrez: Best UDS so far ? | Techie News Trackback on May 18, 2009 at 1:24 pm